Change your password
It is strongly recommended to use a strong password.
The following one seems to be good enough: "Qtrn2008". We used for creating it a known line from Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven, see how we did it: "Quoth the raven, Nevermore."
For your own password use your favorite actor's/writer's words.
Using more Postino accounts at the same time.
It is only one connection allowed from one browser. If you have to use more accounts at the same time, you can do it with using different browsers.
Postino has been tested and supports various versions of Internet Explorer and many other browsers:
- Firefox: http://www.firefox.com
- Opera: http://www.opera.com
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari
- Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome
POP3, SMTP, IMAP settings for Outlook and other mail programs
Always use your full email address as your user name with the @postino.net tag as well.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.gmail.com or pop.googlemail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com or smtp.googlemail.com
- IMAP server address: imap.gmail.com or imap.googlemail.com
You must log in and enable the POP3 access in the settings menu.
The POP3, SMTP and IMAP connections are working not on the standard ports (POP3 110, SMTP 25, IMAP 143) you must use the SSL secured connections (995 port for POP3, 465 port for SMTP, 993 port for IMAP). You can set up these settings in all email programs. For sending a mail you have to use a login type authentication.
SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is a secure data transmission protocol, used also for